American Job Center - Lancaster and Saunders Counties
Schedule an Appointment
Appointments can be scheduled during open hours, for 90 minutes. Masks are recommended and will be available to the public for free. The resource room will be cleaned after each 90 minute session. Appointments can be made online or by calling the American Job Center at 402-413-9236.
The American Job Center uses federal Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds to improve an individual's employment opportunities. To do that, the American Job Center provides services to both job seekers and businesses seeking employees. American Job Center partners provide on site and networked career development information, education and training programs, case management, and job placement assistance. Because WIOA funds are targeted to certain populations of adults, dislocated workers and youth, the majority of American Job Center services are also targeted to benefit that part of the workforce.
American Job Center On-Site Partners
- Job Training for Adults: Assistance for low-income adults to identify and finance job training.
- Job Training for Dislocated Workers: Assistance for individuals unemployed due to a layoff or business closing to identify and finance job training.
- Job Training for Youth (YESS): Assistance for low-income youth to identify and finance education and job training.
- Finding A Job: Access to the Nebraska Department of Labor's Job Listings.
- Lincoln Jobs Overview: Check the number of Lincoln job openings, the unemployment rate, median base salary, popular companies & job searches.
- Filing for Unemployment: Access to the Nebraska Department of Labor's Unemployment Insurance System
Services for Businesses
- Hiring Workers: To help find qualified workers, employers may post job openings, search the active resumes and contact potential employees.
- Worker Training Program: Nebraska's Worker Training Program makes funding available to businesses for training employees.
- Worker Opportunity Tax Credit: Tax credits to employers for hiring eligible workers.
- Labor Market Information: Access to information on the local economy and labor market.
- Goodwill Industries: Job search assistance for individuals with disabilities and access to and assistance in learning to use a computer for job searching.
- Nebraska Department of Labor : Services for Job Seekers and Employers.
- ResCare Workforce Services: Job training assistance for low-income adults, dislocated workers, and low-income youth.
- Southeast Community College: Occupational skill training, Adult Basic Education-English as a Second Language.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Employment assistance for individuals with a disability.
American Job Center Network Partners
- Client Assistance Program: Free advice, information, and advocacy to people with disabilities to access services and benefits through Vocational Rehabilitation, Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired, or Centers for Independent Living.
- Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders Counties: Assists families in crisis to meet their basic needs, helps individuals attain their educational and employment goals, and ultimately helps people strengthen their own families.
- Indian Center, Inc: Provides value to the native American community by creating and obtaining programs that empower self-sufficiency and positive quality of life standards in individuals and families.
- Job Corps: Provides a free education and training program that helps young people at least 16 years of age learn a career, earn a high school diploma and find and keep a good job.
- Lincoln Housing Authority: LHA's Family Self Sufficiency Program helps families in Public Housing or Housing Choice Voucher Programs work toward financial self-sufficiency.
- Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (NCBVI): Provides training, counseling, and resources needed for a positive understanding of blindness and visual impairment with expectations including employment and fulfillment in all aspects of life.
- Proteus: National Farmworker Jobs Program - serving farm workers searching for new employment opportunities
Matrix of Career Services Provided
- Lancaster County
- Within 16 miles of downtown Lincoln
- Saunders County
- Within 15 miles of Wahoo
- To learn more about current job openings, job market trends, and upcoming workshop and training opportunities, please register at NEworks.Nebraska.Gov for free! And check out the NEworks mobile app to discover great jobs in Nebraska, anytime, anywhere.
- Greater Lincoln Workforce Development Board
- Oversees Employment and Training Programs in Lancaster and Saunders Counties
- Nebraska Department of Labor
- Find a Job, File for Unemployment, Hire a Worker or Get Local Labor Market Statistics
- Youth Education and Support Services (YESS)
- GED Preparation, Get a Job or Go to College
- Complaints and Grievances of a Non-discriminatory Nature
- Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth Services
- Lincoln Adult & Dislocated Worker Operations Manual
- & Manual Attachments
- Lincoln Youth Operations Manual
- & Manual Attachments
- Youth Service Provider List
- Lincoln American Job Center Operations Manual
- & Manual Attachments
- Face Coverings Standard Operating Procedure
- Health Screening Standard Operating Procedure
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- WIOA Title I financially assisted programs and activities are equal opportunity employer/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- NE Relay 1-800-833-7352
- Free service provides full telephone accessibility for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled. It's available 24/7 and confidential -- no records kept of conversations.
- Greater Lincoln American Job Center
- 1111 O Street, Suite 205
- Lincoln, NE 68508