City of Lincoln
2020 Media Releases
- November 6, 2020
- Media Contact:
- Steve Nosal, Parks and Recreation, 402-441-8267
- Zac Halley, Parks and Recreation, 402-326-9045
Sunken Gardens "Put the Beds to Bed" Event Canceled
COVID-19 Risk Dial now in Red
Due to the pandemic, the Parks and Recreation Department has canceled the "Put the Beds to Bed" event scheduled for Saturday, November 7 at Sunken Gardens, 26th and "D" streets. The event will not be rescheduled.
Mayor Leirion Gaylor Baird today announced that the COVID-19 Risk Dial is now in "Red," indicating a severe risk of the virus spreading. Residents are advised to follow these recommendations to protect themselves and others:
- Stay at home unless traveling for work, school, food, medical care, or checking on others who may need assistance.
- Work from home if possible.
- Face masks should be worn when around anyone outside of your household.
- Keep a distance of at least 6 feet from anyone outside of your household.
- Avoid gatherings.
- Only visit businesses and activities that follow public health guidance (masks, physical distancing, capacity limits, etc.).
- Follow CDC Travel Guidelines available at cdc.gov.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006. More information on Parks and Recreation is available at parks.lincoln.ne.gov.