City of Lincoln
2020 Media Releases
- February 28, 2020
- Media Contact:
- Garren Hochstetler, Librarian, 402-441-8546
Read to a Dog Spring Session Begins February 29
Families are invited to participate in the "Read to a Dog" program offered by Lincoln City Libraries and Healing Heart Therapy Dogs, a local therapy dog organization. The program provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to 12 to practice their reading by reading aloud to a dog. Therapy teams are partnered with children who read to a dog in 20-minute shifts once a week for six weeks.
The spring session runs from February 29 through April 9. Preregistration is required except where noted. To register, contact the person listed for each branch. The schedule is as follows:
- Anderson Branch Library, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sundays, March 1 to April 5. This is a drop-in session to read to Eleanor, and no registration is required.
- Bennett Martin Public Library, 136 S 14th Street, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, March 5 to April 9. Email Janae at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Pax.
- Bethany Branch Library, 1810 N. Cotner Boulevard, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, March 3 to April 7. This is a drop-in session to read to Harry, and no registration is required.
- Eiseley Branch Library, 1530 Superior Street, 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays, March 3 to April 7. Email Ellie at email@example.com to register to read to Daisy.
- Gere Branch Library, 2400 S 56th Street, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, March 4 to April 8. Call Dr. Harvey at 402-217-9019 to register to read to Hugh.
- South Branch Library, 2675 South Street, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Sundays, March 1 to April 5. Email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Nanook.
- Walt Branch Library, 6701 S 14th St., 10:15 to 11:45 a.m. Saturdays, February 29 to April 4. Email Angela at email@example.com to register to read to Mojo. Cat sessions are 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays, March 4 to April 8. Email Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to read to Rainy.
For information about Lincoln City Libraries and its services, visit lincolnlibraries.org.