Health Promotion & Outreach Overview
The Health Promotion and Outreach Division works to strengthen the public’s health and safety to improve quality of life. Our team of health educators is committed to enriching the lives of all people, so individuals have the knowledge and support they need to assume responsibility for their own health.
This work is done through three key essential public health services:
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
Our program focus areas include: active living, healthy eating, tobacco and e-cigarette prevention education, preventive health screenings, and injury prevention. Examples include:
- Safe walking and bicycling education and training
- Car seat checks for safe transportation of children
- Child Care Transportation Training for licensed providers
- Employee health promotion
- Tobacco-free campus resources
- Youth tobacco/e-cigarette prevention and education
- Information and referral for cancer screenings (specifically breast, cervical, and colon)
Please visit our program pages for additional information.