Facility Reservations

Help Desk

Easy Ways To Get Help

  • Send us an e-mail with your questions to parks@lincoln.ne.gov, or
  • Give us a call at (402) 441-7847 Option 0, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • If you have an emergency that is life threatening, contact 911 immediately.
  • If you have an issue outside of normal business hours that needs immediate assistance, contact the Lincoln Police Department non-emergency line, 402-441-6000.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I book a rental facility?
  • All reservation requests are processed on a first come, first served basis. No reservations are made prior to payment being received.
  • Location availability and reservations may be reserved and paid within our online registration system.
  • If reserving using the printed forms: Download and mail or hand deliver the completed application form and fee to:
    • Lincoln Parks & Recreation
      Attn: Reservations
      3131 O Street, Suite 300
      Lincoln, NE 68510.
Downloadable forms: When can I reserve the space?
  • Shelter, classroom and golf reservations can be made one year in advance of your event.
  • Online shelter reservations for the next week close on Tuesdays at 4:30pm, or in person at the Parks and Recreation office on Wednesdays at 4:00pm.
How old must I be to make a reservation?
  • All individuals signing any agreement must be 19 years of age.
Can I bring or serve alcohol at the facility?
  • Alcohol is not permitted in or on any park area.
What do I get for my reservation?
  • Your designated rental time includes set up and clean up – no early arrivals. This allows all guests and staff to set up and take down within the scheduled timeframe.
  • Enclosed shelters will have tables and chairs available. Wedding open venue areas reserve the space but do not include any additional seating unless otherwise noted.
Do I have the entire space for my own use?:
  • Park areas are open to the general public during periods reserved for weddings and associated activities. Limited park maintenance may also occur during wedding reservation periods.
Shelter conditions:
  • Although the Parks and Recreation Department strives to keep shelters in a clean condition, unscheduled use before your reservation may affect the shelter condition.

License Agreements

How does Parks and Recreation determine if I need a License Agreement?
  • If your organization is planning on meeting at a city park shelter on a set date and time on a recurring basis, for an extended period of time, a License Agreement is required.
How does the process work?
  • The process would start by contacting our Reservations Staff. Our staff will take down information about the shelter being used, time, and dates and will receive payment for the rental fees. With this information, the staff will prepare a License Agreement to be signed by your organization's representative and the Parks and Recreation Director. Please note that a current Certificate of Liability Insurance with the City named as an Additional Insured is required.
I have never had to go through this process before, why now?
  • The Parks and Recreation Department review the current processes periodically and modifies them as needed along with the guidance of the Law Department and our Compliance Administrators. It was determined that in order to fulfill our legal requirements, a License Agreement is needed between the City of Lincoln and interested parties.
Is there an additional cost?
  • There is no additional cost - besides the rental fees (if applicable)
How long is the License Agreement for?
  • The standard License Agreement is prepared for a one (1) year term. The duration of the agreement can also be modified according to the need of the parties involved.

Parks facilities categories

Most of our park areas are open for your enjoyment but we do offer specific areas to use for special events like weddings, gatherings, picnics, and larger events.

  • Wedding Locations: Special events deserve special spaces. These spaces may be used for other events but are typically used for sharing of wedding vows or another memorable experience.
  • Enclosed Shelters: Fully enclosed buildings with electricity and restrooms. Great year round events!
  • Open Shelters: These structures are open to enjoy the park atmosphere. Perfect for spring, summer, and fall events!
  • Master Tables: Large picnic style-tables that are not covered. Perfect for reunions and picnics!
  • Special Events or locations: Special Use Permit is an application to request a park area/trail for a complex event that would need additional preparation (ie: closure of street, high volume of attendees, etc.). Completed application including fee must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. Please note that a Certificate of Liability Insurance of $1,000,000 aggregate claiming the City of Lincoln as an additional insured.
  • For rentals of the Jane Snyder Trails Center, 228 N 21st St, Lincoln, NE 68503, contact:

Damage and Key Deposits

Are there fees & deposits?
  • Individual fees and deposits vary. The rental fee is required at the time of reservation. The damage/key deposit must be in cash or check format. Damage deposit refunds are given upon return of the key, providing that the rental area is clean and did not have alcoholic beverages on location. The damage deposit may be available at the Administration front desk after 12:00 pm of the next working day so that the districts have time to see if any damage was done. If the rental is for a Sunday, then the damage deposit should be released no sooner than 12:00 noon on Tuesday.
  • All form of deposits needs to be on a separate check or cash as it will likely be returned.
What is the difference between a damage deposit and key deposit?
  • The key deposit is the key to electrical or restroom access within the facility. This deposit is $20.00. Not all open shelters locations require a key deposit.
When must I pay the deposit?
  • Damage deposits are required fourteen (14) days prior to the reservation date. Key deposits are paid at the time of key pick up (one business day prior to reservation date).


How do I get a refund for my reservation?
  • Refunds will be given on rain outs at park master tables only. All other requests will be considered on an individual basis.
  • Refunds will be given upon completion and approval of a Refund Request Form. Contact staff at the rental location or the Administration Office, 3131 "O" Street, 402-441-7847, parks@lincoln.ne.gov to request a refund form within seven (7) working days prior to any reservation date.
  • Please allow two to three weeks for your refund to be processed. A $25.00 processing fee will be assessed to all refunds requested by the public. Damage deposit refunds will be available on the second working day after your use.

Vendor and Business Forms

Do you own a business that would like to sell food or specific items in our parks or at events?
Currently not logged in. Please login to MyInterlinc.